Monday, November 26, 2012

Starting Point

Day One.
Starting Point.
That's all this is. A place to start. It doesn't have to be spectacular, or perfectly planned or even hold any empty promises. It doesn't have to be for anyone else, it belongs to me. 96 extra pounds and they're mine, all mine. I gained them during my last pregnancy, invited them really, practically begged them to join me, but now I don't want them anymore. Pregnancy is over. I have an adorable 2 month old bundle to cuddle with and coo over, and he is perfect but this extra weight is not.

Starting point.
Where do you start when you have so much weight to lose?
I've done this so many times before~pregnancy, weight gain, weight loss. Seriously, you'd think I would be better equipped to handle this type of thing.

Starting point.
I've been thinking about this for weeks now, trying to pull it together, trying to find the perfect moment to jump right in, to tackle the issue head on, to start eating right and exercising. Turns out there is no perfect moment.

Starting point.
Here, right now, this is mine.

Starting point.
223.0
Goal of 150. Which means I have to lose 73 pounds. That sounds like a lot, so let's say my first goal is to lose 10 pounds. That seems reasonable, right?

Starting point.
Take pictures of every single thing you eat. This idea didn't strike me until after my breakfast of Kix, almond milk and decaf coffee was long gone, so I started with lunch.

Starting Point.
That's all I got for today, but it's a start and there is a point.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment